Legal Representation for On-the-Job Injuries
The law requires that employers live up to certain standards and expectations when workers are injured on the job. While a workers compensation claim is open, you are entitled to compensation for time lost and medical expenses, as well as loss of earning power. When your claim is closed, you can cash the check sent to you without foregoing your right to have your claim reviewed as long as you, or this office on your behalf, appeals in a timely manner any order received by you. When your worker’s compensation benefits are not fully provided to you, you have the right to protect your rights in court.
The goal of our office is to ensure that you receive the complete benefits to which you are entitled under the Industrial Insurance Act. Just make sure you act within the timeline for appealing any order or decision.
We Can Help You
One of our key areas of focus at Calbom & Schwab is resolving workers compensation issues. We believe that by limiting our areas of practice strictly to issues of injury and disability law, including workers compensation, we can deliver quality representation with better results.
We want to help you with your worker’s compensation or Labor & Industries (L&I) claim.
- Filing for permanent partial disability
- Filing for occupational disease or repetitive trauma claims
- Review of your file to ensure maximum benefit
- Denial of an application to reopen your claim
- Widow or widower claims
- Filing pension claims
- Representation when you’ve been denied time off, have lost wages or been denied medical treatment
- Assistance in acquiring vocational training
- Filing crime victims claims
- Filing a claim to review the permanent partial disability awarded to you, which is not a settlement payment, but a right, so you can cash the award check and still appeal if you act timely from the date of the award
Our contingency fees mean that you do not pay any attorney fees until you’ve recovered compensation. If you think you may have a workers compensation claim, or want to ensure that the benefits being offered are fair under the law, please contact one of our offices; the initial review of your claim is free.
How To Contact Us
Take advantage of our free initial consultation by calling us today at 1.800.497.1755 or send us a message. We offer a no-risk opportunity to speak to a lawyer about your worker’s compensation issue, backed by a firm with a 50-year reputation for ethical and effective practice.